StemXo’s current work is focused on harnessing exosomes, nanosized extracellular vesicles containing crucial cell-to-cell signals involved in health, growth and other metabolic functions, derived from human stem cells including human umbilical mesenchymal stem cells (MSCs), neural stem cells (NSCs), and induced pluripotent stem cells (iPSCs) as potential therapeutic agents for aging-associated diseases of the central nervous system.
In addition, as biological components naturally occurring within the body and internalized by cells to facilitate physiological signaling, exosomes are ideally suited to deliver engineered therapeutic cargoes to cells to target a disease of interest. StemXo is currently utilizing this strategy as a platform for viral-targeted therapies to treat COVID-19.
- Works in close coordination with the medical scientists, life scientists, chemists, and other professionals to develop biomechanical tools that utilize exosomes and stem cells
- Performs various forms of research through this professional coordination
- Involved in the examination of modern medical processes to predict the results that are most probable utilizing biomechanical tools
- Drafts written materials that focus on the standards, rules, policies, and protocols of the maintenance, upkeep, and utilization of the bio-mechanical tools developed
- Formulates and modifies the computer applications including the computer software and hardware that are used for biomechanical processes
- Bachelor’s or higher degree in bio-mechanical engineering
- 3+ years’ experience in biomechanics required
- Superior verbal and written communications skills
- A self-starter and team player, with strong organizing and time management skills, able to handle multiple tasks
- R&D environment experience
- Market rate DOE
Please send resumes to email@example.com